Passwords and Usernames on ARCHER
For security reason there are certain restrictions governing the choice of usernames and passwords on ARCHER.
You are required to change your password on ARCHER every year.
Passwords must be a minimum of 10 characters in length and must contain at least one of each of the following:
- Uppercase letter [A-Z]
- Lowercase letter [a-z]
- Digit [0-9]
- Special character (anything that is not a letter or digit, for example, $, @)
Passwords that are too simple or too similar to your old password will be rejected.
- Usernames are standardised and the rules governing them are:
- Must be a maximum of 8 characters in length
- Only alpha-numeric charcters allowed (no special charcters eg $,@)
- Lowercase only
- Must start with a letter
- Must not be the same as a groupname on ARCHER
If you have any questions about the choice of passwords OR usernames on ARCHER, please mail to the ARCHER Helpdesk.