SAFE 4 User Guide
SAFE is an online ARCHER service management system. This is new documentation for the latest version of SAFE version 4.
Through SAFE, individual users can request machine accounts, reset passwords, see available resources and track their usage. All users must be registered on SAFE before they can apply for their machine account.
Go to the SAFE guide for individual users
- How to register on SAFE
- How to login to SAFE
- How to change your personal details on SAFE
- How to change your email address on SAFE
- How to change your SAFE password
- How to reset your SAFE password if lost or forgotten
- How to request a machine account
- How to reset a password on your machine account
- How can to pick up your password for the service machine
- How to request access to a Package Group
- How to request access to KNL on ARCHER
- How to check how much time and space are available
- How to request more AUs/disk space
- How to review your usage of the service, or the activity of the service as a whole
- How to register a publication on SAFE
- How to list your publications in SAFE
- How to export your publications from SAFE
- How to check the queries you have submitted to the helpdesk
- How to register your approval — or your annoyance
- How to delete your user account
Principal investigators (grant holders) and project managers (nominated by PIs) have overall authority over their allocated resources and can perform additional project management tasks in SAFE.
Go to the SAFE Guide for principal investigators.
- What is "period allocation"?
- How to set up project groups within the project
- How to delete a project group
- How to move time between budgets
- How to allocate time to individual user
- How to administer disk space
- How to create a quota for a project group, or move space between quotas
- How to set a quota for an individual user
- How can project users get registered.
- How to track user sign up requests
- How to designate a user as a project manager
- How to add a user to a project group
- How to remove a user from a project group
- How to remove a user (or users) from your project
- How to send a mailing to all users in your project